Wednesday, September 22, 2010

If you had already came...


If I met a foreign tourist, I'd invite him to know a few places in Santiago that I know and that I like. I don't like the typical places or the most famous very much, but I think you can't say that you have visited Santiago without visiting the center. Knowing its pollution, its people in a rush and its "completos" in the streets let you have an approach to a certain type of life, typical of the big cities.
I'd invite him to know east side of Santiago, putting emphasis on Lo Barnechea, a very assorted income family municipality, where you have the richest people in Chile right next to the poorest ones. There's also a place going up to the Andes with beautiful landscape and with great trees.
I'd go with him to the "Barrio Yungay" and trough the Matucana street visiting all the cultural places in there "Matucana 100", "Museo de la memoria", "La Quinta Normal", la "Biblioteca de Santiago", etc. There's a popular place that have a interesting history, let you know the old Santiago.
Well, then we would go to know the “metro” and the famous “transantiago”. Those have been very characteristic of Santiago in the last time.
To finish we would go to have some parties in Santiago's Night, but only if he pays because of the prices, the drinks and the tickets are very expensive! Well, if we were where we usually party, we wouldn’t pay too much, but I’m sure that he would be a serious tourist and he wouldn’t want to go there.
It's difficult to imagine another interesting place in Santiago!

0 comments:

Post a Comment